Twitter is looking for new ways to increase their ad revenue for a long time. However, promoted accounts and promoted tweets are not enough to be the game changer for Twitter. Given that 80% of users accessing their Twitter account on their mobile devices, the game changer for Twitter should be mobile related. Of course Twitter is well aware of this. Having recently introduced the Vine app, Twitter now announces new expanded Tweet options for mobile. In addition to the three Twitter cards (Summary Card, Photo Card, Player Card) acclaimed to be used by 10.000 developers, mobile apps and websites, Twitter now announced three mobile app deep-linking in Cards App Card, Product Card, Gallery Card. In the blog post about the new Twitter Cards, Jason Costa tells that this will be a new feature that closes the loop between content creation, content discovery and app downloads.
Facebook is not the only player aiming to increase mobile ad revenue. Twitter will announce its platform strategy soon and they already released that it will be mobile focused. 2013 is definitely the year of mobile marketing. Developing relevant and engaging content, aligning content strategy with brand and advertising strategy, building a strong community, delivering relevant content to relevant audience, analysing campaigns thoroughly and optimising campaigns accordingly are at the top of the to-do-list for digital marketers. Remember, content is the king and mobile is most likely to dominate the future of media and advertising.
Check the Twitter Cards to see which one would work better for your business.
- Summary Card: Default card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Photo Card: A Tweet sized photo card.
- Gallery Card: A Tweet card geared toward highlighting a collection of photos.
- App Card: A Tweet card for providing a profile of an application.
- Player Card: A Tweet sized video/audio/media player card.
- Product Card: A Tweet card to better represent product content.